White chicken chili in the crock pot
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cups cooked chicken (I usually use an oven-baked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to save on time), shredded
2 cans Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth
Kosher salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
1 lime, juice
1. In a large pot, saute the onion and cook until it starts to become translucent.
2. Once the onion is done, add shreds of chicken, Great Northern Beans, corn, green chilies (with juice from can), cumin and oregano to the large pot. Stir to combine all of the ingredients and then add the chicken broth.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow the broth to reduce. Add salt and pepper (to taste) and juice from one whole lime. (You can add 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro if you desire. I personally don’t like cilantro so I serve it as a side.)
4. Leave simmering on stove until ready to serve.
5. Serve with sour cream, chopped cilantro, shredded Pepper Jack cheese, avocado or tortilla chips.