Sweet Potato Bacon Roll
Makes about 20 pieces
250g sweet potato
100ml water, to cover
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
6-8 slices of bacon
2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
7-8 sprigs of thyme
freshly ground black pepper
paprika powder (Flavours mag use cinnamon powder instead)
1. Peel and cut the sweet potato into small wedges or batons.
2. Bring milk, water, salt and pepper to boil.
3. Add sweet potatoes and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes – the sweet potatoes should be cooked but remain firm.
4. Remove and drain. Set aside to cool.
5. Wrap the sweet potato batons with bacon and secure with bamboo toothpicks. Sprinkle with paprika powder.
6. Heat the butter or oil and thyme (leave some for garnish later) over medium heat and pan-fry the rolls until the bacon browns.
7. Remove and season with salt, black pepper and paprika powder. Garnish with few thyme leaves. Serve warm.