2 brownie layers
2 cheesecake layers
2 chocolate chip cookie layers
5 graham crackers (this is one of the ‘cake’ layers)
1 recipe for marshmallow frosting
1 recipe for chocolate Frosting
A few notes about this Ultimate Anniversary Cake:
1. These are the best brownies I’ve ever made. I’ve made Ina’s Outrageous brownies. And those are delicious, but they are VERY fudgy, and are not a brownie EVERYONE likes because of the oober fudgeyness. These King Arthur brownies, these are the perfect combination between fudgy and cakey. And they have that shiny, thin crunchy top, like a good brownie should. Make the brownies alone, and bake them in a 9×13 inch pan, or divide the batter in half, like I did for this cake, slice it into wedges and serve with berries, ice cream and chocolate fudge. Whatever you do, BAKE THESE BROWNIES!
2. The chocolate frosting, it’s like the kind you scoop from a jar, you know the stuff. Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines??? Come on, you know you probably have a jar in your cupboard right now. But this is 100 million times better. It’s a similar texture and consistency: smooth, creamy, rich. But no fake chemicals in it, yea! It spreads wonderfully too. As I was making it I told my husband “I found the only chocolate frosting recipe I may ever use again. It’s so perfect, why try anything else?” I mean, I know I’ll try others, but dang, this stuff is truly to-die-for and easy also.
3. I have 3 cake pans that are the same size (9 inch springform to be exact). So I used those 3 to bake the brownies, cookie and cheesecake, to make sure they were all the same size round. I lined the bottom of each pan with parchment paper to make it easy to remove each layer. And then I sprayed the parchment with non stick spray.
4. Everything on this cake is homemade, nothing from a box (ok, the graham crackers, but shoot, I’ve made those from scratch before…) But to make this easier, you can make the brownies form a box, or buy jar frosting. But let me tell you, this won’t be NEARLY as good.
5. In case your brownies or cookie get slightly crispy, it’s ok. The frosting and around the cake will help soften them back up as it refrigerates and sits. Let this cake refrigerate for at leats 1 day before serving for maximum flavor results.
I brought this to work, like I do a lot of desserts, and this is the only dessert EVERYONE has complimented, people are even posting pics on their face book pages. PEOPLE, this cake will blow your mind!