Fancy Watermelon Lime Jello Shots
I made these for our New Years Eve Party (with left over oranges and cherry jello we had in the pantry) and they were a huge hit. Who doesn’t love jello shots? Brings me right back to college. Unfortunately dixie cups don’t exactly look elegant alongside fancy cheese plates and party napkins. Not to mention the pink or blue stain on your finger all night from extracting.
Here is your solution! I am bringing them to a housewarming party tonight. Aren’t they gorgeous? The color combinations are endless.
*10 limes, *one box watermelon (or any kind of red color) jello * 1 cup vodka *1 cup boiling water
- 10 limes makes 40 jello shots -
1. Prepare limes by cutting them in halves and hollowing out the peel. This may sound easier than it is. The trick is to take a paring knife and score around the insides carefully to loosen the citrus. Then spoon it out saving the fruit. (If you have a juicer for every 1 cup of lime juice add 6 cups of water and half a cup of sugar and 3 teaspoons of honey for an awesome limeade).
2. Boil one cup of water and add it to jello mix in a large bowl, stirring until it dissolves.
3. Slowly add one cup of vodka and stir
4. Pour mixture into a cup with a spout (for an even pour). I use a measuring cup. Line up limes on a cookie sheet so they are secure and upright. Pour in jello mixture. Refrigerated over night.
5. Carefully (gingerly) quarter the halves with a sharp knife.