chocolate covered strawberry cake balls.
8 oz good quality dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp heavy cream
3/4 cup dried blueberries, chopped finely
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Chop the chocolate as finely as possible and place in a medium bowl.
- In a blender, blend together the cream, dried blueberries, and honey to get the blueberries chopped as finely as possible. Transfer mixer to a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir gently until the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate melted. Whisk in the butter until well incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- When the chocolate mixture is set, use a small cookie scoop to get even-sized truffles and roll each portion in the palms of your hand to make a ball. It doesn’t have to be perfect, imperfection with truffles is charming and reminds people they’re homemade! Transfer balls to a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet and place in the fridge once completed for another 15-20 minutes.
- Fill a shallow pan or pie plate with cocoa powder and toss each truffle in the powder so they are each well coated. Shake off the excess cocoa powder. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.