Apple Pie Caramel Apples Recipe
Memorial Day is quickly approaching. I LOVE long weekends at the lake. I love the sun, the games of washers, and the food! What is more American than apple pie?
I think I’m going to try making this delicious apple pie on a stick this year!
This recipe is from Disney World… the happiest place on earth, so it must be delectable!
Apple Pie Caramel Apples
1 bag Kraft caramels
4-5 large, tart apples (You can use red apples too but I like the contrast of the tart apple with the caramel)
1 bag white chocolate chips or white chocolate candy melts
1. Wash, scrub, and dry apples. This is important or your caramel won’t stick because of the coating stores put on apples.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt caramel according to package directions.
3. Put a Popsicle stick in the apple. Dip in melted caramel making sure to fully coat it.
4. Place on parchment or wax paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Cool in the fridge until caramel is set up. If you want a thick caramel layer, add another layer of caramel here and let it set up again.
6. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals. You can add a little shortening if the mixture is too thick.
7. Coat the apple with the chocolate.
8. Let it set up a little bit before sprinkling it with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
9. Cool completely in the fridge.
10. Cut into slices and serve.